Monday, January 23, 2012

Flying Dream



This was supposed to be a digital comp painting for an acrylic piece I was working on for a charity auction. It didn't pass muster though. The idea comes from a dream I had. While it has the feel I wanted, it doesn't have enough story within the frame to warrant taking further.

I think good illustration is like a good story. An illustration that works should hold the viewer's attention and answer the classic who what where when why how questions. Right off the bat, there are problems with this comp. Who is this falling person? Are they falling or flying? Why are they glowing? Are they a man or woman? Girl? Boy? Human? When is this? Where is this? Too many unanswered questions and I find that it's purely an image with a "feeling" and not much else.

No comments: