Saturday, February 23, 2013

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season Finale Arc



The season 5 finale arc of Clone Wars is airing. I was very very lucky to be a part of these episodes; they are, in my opinion, the best of the show to date. The whole team did top notch work and really pushed the bar higher.

My contribution was character design work on Letta Turmond and the male human Jedi temple workers. I also did some underworld paintings, but the really interesting thing for me was how my designs for the underworld portal and pipe network outside the Republic military base was taken to another level by modeler Jono Farmer and the story team. They took my okay design and made it awesome. It also didn't hurt that the pipe network followed the absolutely stunning Republic Military Base design by my friend Will Nichols.

I have to say again, my work was only a very small part of a larger team effort. Any design work I did was brought to life with amazing animation, camera work, lighting, modeling, textures, voice work, sound design, music and direction.

The season's final episode airs next Saturday. Check it out! You can also see the first three episodes of the arc at StarWars.com

No comments: