Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Playing Around



I really tried to resist the temptation to use my iphone as a painting tool because I figured, hey, if I'm going to paint from life, why not paint with traditional materials? After all, I use digital tools all day at work and the chance to use the traditional mediums I love is something I try to always take advantage of.

I broke down today though and downloaded the "Brushes" app made famous by the New Yorker Magazine cover illustrations. I thought of using the Skechbook Pro tool, but I found Brushes to be the most intuitive and most painting-like. This is a mundane shot of one of my bookshelves, my acrylic tray, and an old water container done with my finger. I think a stylus is a must. I'm still getting the hang of the thing, but it's fun (maybe too fun...)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Am I sensing an iPad in your future...

Jesse Lee said...

This looks like you've been hanging out with vermeer. Nice lighting and color.