Tuesday, February 09, 2010

"Spring" Beginnings


Many illustrators and fine artists have done seasonal series pieces, and they still do them. I wanted to do my own for some time. I'm interested in a fantastical take on the seasons with allegorical subject matter. This is a small thumbnail of my idea for the Spring season. In it a pan plays his forest music to an audience of young listeners. Surrounding the group is the ruins of a long-ago battle. The fallen cursed beast-warriors turned to metal, rusting and returning to the earth. Vines have begun to overtake them and flowers and turf cover them in a natural grave.

I want to work in traditional media as much as possible for my personal work, so this will be an acrylic painting. I'm not sure when I will finish it since work is very busy at the moment. This is on the plate though, and I can't wait to get to it!

5 comments:

jehan said...

yo jp thx man.. now when are you gonna show us some stuff from YOUR game? ;)

Ariel Alvarez said...

looking forward to another traditional piece, soon you will be illustrating fantasy books!

Jeffrey Lai said...

wonderful line quality!

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Jesse Lee said...

Thanks for sharing your inspirations and ideas....very cool stuff JP.