Monday, September 28, 2009

Decrepid Power Station HQ



This is a small thumbnail sketch I did in photoshop as I played around with the idea of an old power collection station way out in space. I read that Mercury has wild magnetic tornados that sweep across the planet, and I wondered if that could be the basis for something on a mercury-esque planet somewhere. I have a loose idea for a story that takes place here. I'm going to develop this particular piece in stages. I will post my progress as it comes together.

As I said earlier, I've been inspired by various tunes lately. The music creates loose images in my head, and some of my posts have emerged from the doodles I create from those moments. Currently on the plate is MSTRKRFT, The Dead Weather/The Kills, New Thom Yorke, Portishead, and Autolux.

No comments: