Monday, January 05, 2009

Winter Trees in CA


One thing that sort of irritates me about being in the South Bay is there is not a very sharp contrast between the seasons. The main difference is when it's not sunny, it's overcast, and it's not as warm. I love seeing the leaves change in the fall, playing in the snow, etc, so it's a little bit of a bummer, but one great thing about the area I live is there are great eucalyptus trees to paint year 'round. They don't lose their leaves and they have a lot of color in them. They always give me a fun challenge.

This gouache sketch was done on a grey day from my bedroom window while I nursed a cold.

2 comments:

Jesse Lee said...

that's a beauty, JP!

rebbaz royee said...

nice jp. its great to see you are still painting traditionally. it seems hard to do it considering the time involved. i applaud you determination.

by the by, lets play some magic. do you have anytime? i know you're working, maybe a weekend sometime.