Thursday, May 01, 2008

Oil!




I have a week-and-some-days off as I switch to my new job, so I am tackling a lot of things I wanted to do but never had the time for. One of them is improving my meager facility with oil painting. I am still very very new to the medium, (only having painted in oil twice before these) so my technique leaves something to be desired. Still, I had a lot of fun. I really love the medium and look forward to many more paintings and discoveries.

The first piece was done in San Francisco out near the warf with my friends Jehan and Chrystal. I did the portrait based on a Corbis stock photo just to see what I needed work on.

2 comments:

Lauren R said...

Damn fine portrait, JP! Thanks for your comments on my blog...always appreciated! I hope all is awesome with you :-)

roxanne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.